[ Leer en español ]
IAAC "InterAmerican Accreditation Coopertaion"
The InterAmerican Accreditation Coopertaion (IAAC) is the association for accreditation bodies and other organizations that are interested in Conformity Assessment in the American Continent.
IAAC’s main objectives are:
- To promote the regional and international acceptance of conformity certificates, inspection reports, and calibration and testing results provided by accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies.
- To promote the regional and international recognition of accreditations provided by its members.
- To develop an efficient and reliable regional infrastructure for Accreditation and Conformity Assessment.
- To establish a regional system for Multilateral Recognition Agreements among the Accreditation Bodies.
- To facilitate trade between the American continent’s economies through an efficient system of Conformity assessment.
- To promote equality in regional accreditation programs following the international regulations for accreditation.
Since 2002 ema has signed the IAAC’s Multilateral Recognition Agreements for:
- Quality Management Systems Certification Bodies (QMS).
- Environmental Management Systems Certification Bodies (EMS).
- Product Certification Bodies.
- Testing, Calibration and Medical laboratories
- Verification /Validation Greenhouse Gases
- Food Safety Management Systems
- Proficiency Testing Providers
- Reference Materials Producers
- Inspection Bodies (verification units)